Surprised and thrilled would be the two adjectives best used to describe how I feel about my Bouquet of Three Award nomination. Surprised because, well, in all honesty, I had absolutely no idea what it was. I had to Google it just to understand what it really meant (some embarrassment, here). Also, I was surprised because I have never written anything with any intention other than sharing my thoughts, opinions and heart. It never occurred to me that I could win an award. Thrilled because I am just… what’s the term?…gobsmacked! That’s it, yes, gobsmacked…to think that anyone would think that my blog deserves any notoriety other than maybe a chuckle or a “Go, girl!” over a cup of coffee . I called my sister and my husband and screamed in their ears. They were excitedly annoyed.
In case you are like me and do not know what the Bouquet of Three Award is, this award is nominated by bloggers for bloggers that they find deserving of these three honors: The Best Moment Award, The Sunshine Award and the Versatile Blogger Award. To you, Kayla at Chasing a Daredevil & Raising Twins (http://kayladickens.wordpress.com/), thank you so much for the nomination. I am honored and just plain pleased that I make you smile. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
In turn, I now have to nominate 15 of my favorite blogs to receive the Bouquet. These 15 bloggers provide me with my daily supply of smiles, inspiration and information. Sometimes they leave me with something on my mind to ponder, while on other occasions they tug at my heart. Here are the links to their homepages:
7. Alise Write
13. 4 Mothers
Now that you’ve been nominated here is what to do:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented you with the award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
7 little known, interesting facts about me? I want you to know that I thought long and hard about these and here’s what I came up with:
1. I am the youngest of 21 grand-children of my maternal grand-parents.
2. I don’t really have a favorite color. This fact drives my youngest children crazy. They think I’m indecisive but, that couldn’t be further from the truth. I just think that at some point in time for various reasons, every color is the most beautiful.
3. I have always wanted to own my own Hallmark store.
4. Deep down – I mean way deep down – I’m a hopeless romantic.
5. I don’t like Mounds or Almond Joy. Never have, never will.
6. I’m a closet gardener, horticulturist, flower freak… whatever you want to call it.
7. I’m a news junkie. In fact, if I don’t see, watch or hear any news broadcasts in a day I feel really disconnected.
There! I feel like we’re so much closer now. 🙂