I am still on cloud 9 following J’s graduation from college this past weekend. Not to worry, I am not going to bore you with any more details of my trip, except to say that she has been heavily on my mind. So much so, that I found myself preparing a couple of her favorite dishes when it came time for dinner over the past couple of days. She loves pasta and there are a couple of dishes that J routinely asks for when she’s home. The one I’m featuring tonight is one of them.
Shrimp Spaghetti – Paula Deen
Everyone in my family loves this dish – without exception!
- 1 1/2 cups butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 pounds medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (12-ounce) package thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package processed cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in parsley, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, basil, thyme, and garlic powder. Pour mixture into a 13×9-inch baking dish; add shrimp, tossing gently to coat. Bake for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from oven; stir in spaghetti and cheese. Return to oven, and bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted, stirring to combine.
Makes 8 – 10 servings
Per J’s request, I often serve my version of Roasted Asparagus along with this dish. It’s so easy. All you need is one bunch of asparagus (trimmed),2 1/2 – 3 tbsp. sesame oil and sea salt. Line a jelly roll sheet with aluminum foil and lay out asparagus on the sheet in a single layer. Drizzle the sesame oil over the vegetables and sprinkle with salt (to taste). Roll the asparagus spears in the oil and salt to ensure even coating. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes. The End. This meal is always a winner.
Oh, before I go and in case you missed the give-away announcement on Facebook and Twitter, the winner of the Mother’s Day Give-Away ( The All New Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook and the sassy apron) is Malissa! You’re package is on its way, lady! A big thank you to all who entered!
And now, in the immortal words of one of my favorite authors, that being Dr. Seuss, “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”